Once you have setup your government gateway account, you should add each tax that your business has registered for. You do not need to add taxes that you are not registered for.
The taxes you can add include:
- Corporation Tax
- PAYE for Employers
- VAT EC Sales List
To add a service you will need to do the following:
- From the business tax summary page, click “get online access to a tax, duty or scheme”
- Select the tax that you want to add
- Click the GREEN continue button
- Each tax will require specific information relating to that tax (UTR for Corp Tax, VAT certificate and last return filed for VAT, PAYE reference and Accounts office reference numbers for PAYE) so ensure that you have any associated information to hand before proceeding.
- After you have added the tax HMRC will then post an activation code to your registered office address, claims made after 19th April 2020 will get instant access.
- Once the code arrives, input this into the account and the tax will (finally) be added onto the account. Please note that you might have to wait 24 hours for the system to update and for it to actually show.